Hypnosis has helped A LOT of people reduce stress and anxiety… allowing them to zone in on their goals and perform better at the physical and mental tasks they face day in and day out.
So why aren’t you using it!? True, many people are using hypnotherapists to guide them, but do you know that you can also do it yourself from the comfort of your own home?
It’s about time you take advantage of this very powerful stress management tool today, and you can do so by following the next easy steps, which should only take 5 to 30 minutes of your time.
- Look for a quiet place, one that is free from distractions and will allow you to focus on the session ahead.
- Get into a comfy position, but not one that makes you fall asleep. Others like to recline, some prefer to sit on a cozy chair, while there are some who are really comfortable lying down. Don’t be afraid to experiment and see what works best for you.
- Decide what you want to achieve for this session, and make sure you put it into a positive statement. You see, the subconscious mind doesn’t register negatives.For example, if you want to get rid of stress and anxiety, instead of saying “I’m feeling less and less stressful by the minute” go for “I’m getting more and more relaxed as time goes by”.For the first statement, the mind won’t reinforce the word “less” and would focus on the word “stressful”, which is something you want to get rid of! The second statement, on the other hand, is positive…allowing your mind to focus on the word “relax”.
- Next, start breathing deeply and slowly – expanding your tummy when you inhale instead of raising your shoulders. For extra positive effect, imagine that you are breathing in calmness and relaxation, and exhaling out the stress you have experienced throughout the day.
- Moving forward, pick and imagine an environment that you find relaxing. It’s different for everyone – it can be a beach, a natural cave, their bedroom, etc. Imagine going further and deeper into it.Visualize yourself walking a long road leaving your current stressful surroundings behind with the restless noise slowly fading away in the background.At first, you may not feel anything different…you may not get that “WOW” moment. But keep on practicing it and you should get there in no time. It’s very much like the state you feel when you are day-dreaming or in deep concentration.
- When you are done and feeling really relaxed…far away from the regular and usually stressful life we all live, start repeating the positive phrase/goal you opted for in the initial steps. You may want to see the words come to life, focus on how they sound, or better yet, vividly visualize – complete with sights and sounds, the desired outcome.
When you are completely relaxed and feeling far from your regular life, begin repeating the positive phrase you chose for this session. You may choose to visualize the words, focus on their sound in your head, or visualize the end result.
Relieving yourself of the stress and anxiety you experienced throughout the day doesn’t have to be complicated. All you need is some free time along with a quiet place, clothes you are comfy with, an open mind, and a very clear idea of what you want to achieve and you are good to go!